Saturday 5 May 2007

World Press Freedom Day ( Part 1)

"Mom, I am goin out for a movie!" said John the spoilt brat, breaking the silence of the living room.

With who?" my mom replied wif a question.


"Ewa they all ler, to Times square," he uterred quickly to prevent more questions to be asked.


"Every journey begins with a single step. So when are you gonna start studying?" my mom asked...
" I am telling you that i will not be there forever to spoon feed you. You are big enough to think of your own future. BLA BLA BLA...

" I don't know.. when the time comes?" John answered

There's the convo between my mom and me.. It has been goin for the past few years and i bet it will continue. LOL.. totally a norm to me.
Anyway, went to watch Spiderman-3 wif ewa and lai shan.*Sorry Nicks and Spastic David for jacking both of u*.. Movie at 2:30. That was what i was told and so I did my best to buzz my ass to Times Square. I was reluctant to go at 1st coz I was still sleeping when some1 woke me up. Thinking that i would be getting up later to check out the World Press Freedom Day event organized by CIJ (centre of independence journalist) * something like tat* in CM, i woke up without hesitation. I promised myself not to miss the film screening again as i had already missed it early tis year. I knew i definitely gonna be late for the film screening but i jus hoped that i could make it.. at least half of the film....

Well, it din appear to be the way it was expected to be... movie was delayed to 3 pm and that 30 mins meant a lot to me.. I might be late but now my wish went down the drain.. jus like glass shattered all over the floor.. =X

Neway, spiderman was good though da screen might be a bit BIG to me.. u know who i am reffering to *sape makan cili dier rasa pedas*.. lol..

Went straight to CM as fast as my legs could carry me after the movie. Unfortunately.....

Very suprised to meet Ashahari*if i am not mistaken da spelling would be something like tat*, a senior of mine in VI. We did talk alot of craps including Asiaworks.. ok.. i shall leave you all alone to find out what it is.. =D.. It was really akward when Ashahari introduced his friends to me but when time elapsed, we did get along wif each other.. =D..
Before that, met up wif this guy called Saiful Razman who might be one of the CIJ members and he briefed me bout the activities.. Basically, they r jus lazing around.

Time for the gigs and we went right to the mainstage situated in front of the CM. They are Peter Brown, Kamasutra, Shanon Shah, Carburetor Dung and even Tan Sei Hon. Sei Hon is really a joker.. seriously.. wif his funny songs.. MY GOD.. i burst into laughter. In between, there was a sketch performed by one of the Ashahari's friend and Wayang kadbod by Komuniti Anak Seni Kg. Berembang.. Heard of Kg. Berembeng? Bet u haven't..

OKK.. due to time constraints, hafta stop here.. Leaving for CM now.. and Mei chern will be performing later.. damnnn.. =D Neway, check out for more bout World Press Freedom Day here:-
http://www.worldpressfreedomday.blogspot.com/

No comments: